Process Technology’s TherMax2 Heat Exchanger is a state-of-the-art in-line stainless steel exchanger for deionized water and process solutions. This revolutionary design is constructed of a 316L stainless steel jacket and spiral bundle. Internal silicon baffles and a dimpled spiral sheet route water in a rotating circular motion, resulting in high heat transfer (other baffle materials are available to suit your specific needs). The heat transfer surface of the TherMax2 enhances turbulence with low pressure drops, producing heat transfer rates 3 to 4 times that of tubular heat exchangers.
The all-welded construction provides not only long life, but easy installation as well. There are numerous applications for the unit including industrial, process system, cogeneration, solar, plating, electronics, commercial and industrial washers, evaporators/condensers, chillers, heat recovery, boilers (steam and water), vapory recovery, and water heaters.
- Innovative Design provides the most effective surface for all applications and the patented fabrication process maintains consistent, high quality production.
- High Overall Heat Transfer – Enhanced turbulence with low pressure drops, and wetted perimeters 5 to 6 times that of equivalent tubular designs with heat transfer rates 3 to 4 times that of tubular heat exchangers.
- TherMax2 Compact Modular Design makes for easy installation and servicing. Manifolding is simplified for larger applications. Heat loss is low, requiring little or no insulation.
- Cylindrical Heat Exchanger of plate design using a dimpled heat transfer sheet, wound in a self-enclosed spiral.
- TherMax2 All Welded Construction means no gaskets to fail. TIG welding is used on the sheet edge which separates Circuit A from Circuit B.
- Low Internal Volume with maximum single circuit capacity at 76 fluid ounces (2.2 liters).
- Material – 316L Stainless:
Jacket thickness: 3.75 inch diameter models: .039 inches 2.75 inch diameter models: .032 inches Surface thickness: 3.75 inch diameter models: .032 inches 2.75 inch diameter models: .020 inches
- Seven sizes available in the TherMax2 – Compact cylinders from 3 inches (70 millimeters) by 6 inches (158 millimeters) to 5 inches (120 millimeters) by 20 inches (515 millimeters). Weight, from 2.4 pounds (1.1 kilograms) to 31 pounds (14 kilograms).
THERMAX2 HEAT EXCHANGERS
|EXCH. AREA (SQ. FT.)||OVERALL LENGTH In./(mm)||DIM. DIA. In./(mm)||MODEL NUMBER||SHIP WGT. Lbs./(kg)|
|1.1||6.25 (159)||2.75 (70)||IS1.1-2.75-6.25||5 (2.5)|
|2.5||10.25 (261)||2.75 (70)||IS2.5-2.75-10.25||7 (3)|
|3.8||14.25 (362)||2.75 (70)||IS3.8-2.75-14.25||10 (14.5)|
|3.8||10.75 (273)||3.75 (96)||IS3.8-3.75-10.75||15 (7)|
|5.8||15.50 (394)||3.75 (96)||IS5.8-3.75-15.5||20 (9)|
|7.8||20.25 (515)||3.75 (96)||IS7.8-3.75-20.25||24 (11)|
|15.0||20.25 (515)||4.75 (121)||IS15.0-4.75-20.25||30 (13.5)|