More experience equals more versatility. Which is why Kocour packs more capability into its thickness testers than anyone. And Kocour hands it all to you in a compact, easy-to-use, quick-learning instrument. The 6000 breaks new ground and sets new standards in accuracy and performance with an exceptional combination of capability and price. Recognized as the developer of the first commercial coulometric tester, more Kocour testers are in use today than all other competitive makes combined.
- Accuracy, 98%+
- Direct Readout
- Print Capability
- Evaluation of Intermetallic Layers
- Diginal Calibration
While all Kocour systems are designed to the same standards, they don’t all deliver the same performance. The 6000’s microprocessor based circuitry offers access to over 300 coating/substrate applications. From parts as small as a #2 screw to as large as an electro-galvanized coil, or from multilayer coatings to alloy layers formed during or after manufacturing, the 6000 meets the demands of modern industry with unmatched precision.
- RS232 Interface to PC
Model 6000 Tester: Line voltage 115V, 50 or 60Hz & 230V, 50 or 60Hz standard. Regulating features maintain even current output.
- Dimensions: 15″”W x 12″”D x 6.5″”H (38.1cm x 30.5cm x 16.5cm) Net Weight: 20 Lbs 9.0kg).
- NF6M Stand
Dimensions: 8″”W x 10″”D x 14″”H (20.3cm x 25.4cm x 35.6cm) Net Weight: 8 Lbs (3.6kg).
- Applications: Measures almost all electro-deposited metals on metallic or nonmetallic substrates.
- Measures multiple coatings and gives individual readings.
- Measures plating thickness on wire.
- Measures very thin coatings such as decorative chromium and gold. Readings in millionths.
- Measures the electro-chemical potential difference between duplex and triplex nickel layers (STEP).
- Measures electroless nickel.
- Measuring Principle
The Kocour 6000 digital Thickness Tester utilizes the coulometric principle. A small test area is anodically deplated with an electrolytic solution applied at a constant current. Because the testing solution is selective, it removes only the plating. Thickness is determined by the current and time required to remove the plating. When the substrate is exposed, the 6000 turns off automatically and displays the thickness on the instrument panel.
- The 6000 meets the requirements of ASTM Specifications B504, B298, B355 and ISO Standard 2177.
Kocour Testers offer the ultimate in versatility. Regardless of the number of plated layers, each can be individually measured. Base material, shape, surface roughness, electrical or magnetic properties do not affect results. Measure anything from 0.002 mil (0,05 microns) to 2 mils (50 microns).
- Speed: 30-60 Seconds per test.
- Operation: Six simple steps. Easy to learn. Accurate and repeatable measurement even by the most inexperienced operator.
- Construction: Built to operate reliably under all conditions, shop or lab. Heavy gauge corrosion-resistant steel case resists occupational wear and tear.