Product Features and Benefits:
SUPERIOR CHEMICAL RESISTANCE: Inert to most aqueous acid, alkaline, anodizing and pickling solutions up to 212°F (100°C).
RUGGED CONSTRUCTION: Heavy wall fluoropolymer (PTFE) covered stainless steel element reduces permeation and eliminates the need for gas purge systems. Guaranteed 100% pinhole free.
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE: Low watt density design (10 watts/square inch, 1.5w/cm2) for long service life.
EVEN HEATING: Flat, low profile bottom design for even heating and varying liquid levels. (This configuration not recommended for electroless chemistry)
CORROSION RESISTANT HEAD: Vapor tight, flame retardant polypropylene terminal enclosure with 3-foot (.9m) flexible PVC liquid tight conduit.
- Grounded internal metal element.
- Thermal protector built in. Replaceable P1 fuse standard for solutions up to 190°F (88°C).
- Non-floating construction.CERTIFICATIONS: UL, CSA, and CE.
SIZES: 500 watts to 6,000 watts.
VOLTAGES: 120, 240 or 480 volts. Single Phase Only. (Contact Us for 208, 380, 415, 600 and other voltages available).
OPTIONS AVAILABLE (Contact Us):
- Replaceable thermal protectors:
- P4: for solutions from 190°F (88°C) to 220°F (104°C).
- Resettable thermal protectors:
- P2: bi-metal switch for solutions up to 190°F (88°C).
- P8: type-J thermocouple for solutions from 190°F (88°C) to 210°F (99°C).
- P3: type-J thermocouple for solutions from 210°F (99°C) to 250°F (121°C).
- Longer vertical lengths (cold zones).
- Polypropylene guards: recommended for applications up to 180°F (82°C).
- Fluoropolymer (PTFE) guards: recommended for chromic acid or solutions over 180°F (82°C).
- Special configurations.
- Longer wire and conduit lengths.
- Flexible continuous fluoropolymer leads (P3 protector only).
- Lower watt densities for highly viscous solutions and technical acids.
- Temperature and level controls sized to match the heater.
*Specify vertical length by adding height in inches after “R”. Example: HXFL2208-R24-P1.
Single phase only. Longer vertical lengths available, consult factory. Double tier space saver 1″ thick (with guard 1-1/2″ high). Guards recommended. This configuration is not recommended for electroless chemistry, phosphoric acid, or applications prone to sludge development.
**Thermal Overload Protection
Single Phase Only.
Longer vertical lengths, and flexible risers available (Contact Us)
Standard Guard is polypropylene. Fluoropolymer guards recommended for chromic acid and solutions exceeding 180°F (82°C). (Contact Us)
**THERMAL PROTECTION SYSTEM: (Controller and Heater protection system must match)
The Protector 1 (P1)-Standard: over-temperature control system utilizes a heat sensitive fuse to detect overheat conditions. The fuse, placed inside a thermowell, positioned in contact with the heater sheath, will cut power to the heater in the event of low liquid level.
The Protector 2 (P2) and Protector 3 (P3)-Optional: systems provide the same reliable over temperature protection as the Protector 1; however, the control systems feature a heat sensing thermostat. Should the tank€™s liquid level drop to a preset overheat point, the thermostat will trip and an audible alarm will sound, cutting power to the heater. This eliminates dangerous operating conditions. After filling the tank, the immersion heater can be quickly made operational by pushing the reset button on the control to restore power. Protector III is designed for flexible lead or high temperature fluoropolymer (PTFE) heater applications only. DO NOT wire P3 or PT-3 devices directly to power or heater load as a dangerous short circuit will result with irreparable damage to the heater. Please refer to wiring diagrams for proper installation.
Guards recommended for all fluoropolymer and quartz heaters. Standard guard is polypropylene. Special fluoropolymer (PTFE) guards for chromic acid solutions exceeding 180°F (82°C) available (contact us)
***All heaters must be operated in conjuction with appropriate temperature controls and thermal systems***
Click Here To Download:
HXFL SERIES DATA SHEET (including dimensional diagram) .PDF
**Thermal Overload Protection .PDF