Product Features and Benefits:
SUPERIOR CHEMICAL RESISTANCE: Materials available for use in most aqueous alkaline solutions, plating solutions, and rinse tanks. Check solution recommendation chart or with your chemical supplier for proper sheath material selection.
LONG LASTING PERFORMANCE: Watt densities of 45 watts per square inch (6.9 w/cm2) ensure long service life.
CORROSION RESISTANT HEAD: Vapor tight, flame retardant polypropylene terminal enclosure with 3-foot (.9m) flexible PVC liquid tight conduit.
- Grounded construction.
- Thermal protector built in. Replaceable P1 protector standard for solutions up to 180°F (82°C).
- Non-floating construction.CERTIFICATIONS: UL, CSA and CE.SIZES: 500 watts to 2,000 watts.
VOLTAGES: 120 or 240 volts. 208 and other voltages available. Single phase only.
OPTIONS AVAILABLE (Contact Us):
- Replaceable thermal protectors:
- P4: for solutions from 180°F (82°C) to 230°F (110°C).
- P5: for solutions from 230°F (110°C) to 300°F (150°C).
- Resettable thermal protectors:
- P2: for solutions up to 180°F (82°C).
- P6: for solutions from 180°F (82°C) to 230°F (110°C).
- Special configurations and lengths.
- Longer wire and conduit lengths.
- Pre-wired plug-in connector for easy and quick installation.
- Lower watt densities for highly viscous solutions.
- Temperature and level controls sized to match the heater.
2000 240 23
Single Phase Only
**THERMAL OVERLOAD PROTECTION SYSTEM: (Controller and Heater protection system must match)
Protector 1 (P1)-Standard over-temperature control system utilizes a heat sensitive fuse to detect overheat conditions. The fuse, placed inside a thermowell, positioned in contact with the heater sheath, will cut power to the heater in the event of low liquid level.
Protector 2 (P2) and Protector 3 (P3) -Optional systems provide the same reliable over temperature protection as the Protector 1; however, the control systems feature a heat sensing thermostat. Should the tank€™s liquid level drop to a preset overheat point, the thermostat will trip and an audible alarm will sound, cutting power to the heater. This eliminates dangerous operating conditions. After filling the tank, the immersion heater can be quickly made operational by pushing the reset button on the control to restore power. Protector III is designed for flexible lead or high temperature fluoropolymer (PTFE) heater applications only. DO NOT wire P3 or PT-3 devices directly to power or heater load as a dangerous short circuit will result with irreparable damage to the heater. Please refer to wiring diagrams for proper installation.
***All heaters must be operated in conjunction with appropriate temperature controls and thermal systems***