THE PROBLEM: Removing the metal content from large volumes of solutions that contain either heavy or precious metals dissolved within them.
THE SOLUTION: The lonnet™ system. A serious recovery system without the bells and whistles. Just pure recovery power in an elegantly simple design, inexpensively priced
What distinguishes the lonnet most from other electrowinning systems is the expanded surface area cathodes and the unique solution flow design.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE APPLICATIONS FOR THE IONNET : The lonnet™ can, be used to remove and recycle metals in the following ways:
- On a batch basis from a spent plating bath or other metal-bearing solution
- On a continuous basis from a primary drag-out rinse in order to ameliorate or completely preclude precipitation or ion-exchange
- On a batch basis to recycle ion-exchange regenerant
WHAT TYPES OF SOLUTIONS WILL IT WORK WITH: Some of the various solution types for typical applications are Copper sulfate, copper cyanide, cadmium cyanide, gold cyanide (stripper solutions), various nickel solutions, palladium, palladium nickel, silver cyanide,and zinc cyanide
HOW DOES IT WORK: As the metal bearing stream enters the lonnet cell, it is channeled in a serpentine path through a series of electrolytic chambers, each containing two anodes sandwiching a cathode. The turbulence created at the cathode interface insures high plating efficiency, translating into fast plate-out to very low concentrations. The metal deposits on and within the cathode. Any non-adherent solids which tend to accumulate during the electrowinning process are swept to the cell bottom and contained for convenient draining (the electrodes are raised 3″ above the cell floor to eliminate the possibility of the solids causing a short circuit). Each lonnet cathode can hold up to thirty pounds of metal (I50 lbs. for the whole cell). The system is designed for easy access to all electrodes.
- Power Requirements: 220 Volts AC, 3 phase, 60 hz
- Maximum Output Current: 500 Amps DC
- Optimum Output Voltage: 9 Volts
- Total Cathode Surface Area: Approx. 100 square feet
- Operating Temperature: Room Temp. to 135 F
- Dimensions: 24″ x 22″ x 28″
- Recovery Capacity: 150 lbs
- Shipping Weight: Approximate – 170 lbs